Friday, July 06, 2007

The Other Way

I'm not sure what this means...

other than I've had this bizarre nudging over the last few weeks to manipulate fiber in some other manner. I think it started with some cute little crocheted animal patterns I saw at a yarn shop in the valley... not that I'm likely to make a cute little animal critter as, I might as well face it, I'm pretty short on people who would appreciate it around here. However, I think I could definitely find a taker or two for this guy. But I guess I should start with a scarf... or granny square.

Actually, if you count these socks, I do have a bit of experience with crochet. Many, many years ago, a friend of mine taught me to add a beaded crochet trim to plain socks. Everyone I knew got beaded socks that year.

Speaking of socks, I'm still wildly obsessed with knitting socks and have touched nothing else for well over a week or two. I almost have myself convinced that I'm going to knit my way through the entire Favorite Socks book over the summer. (Having said that, I'm sure to have broken the spell.)

Next post... Ms. Waving meets her match.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I really want to learn to crochet so I can make better edgings on finished items. Sometimes knitted edges are just not the perfect ending - know what I mean?

~Kristie said...

I've had a bit of an "itch" to crochet lately too! How do you like the Visual Crochet book? Would you recommend it to someone who knows almost nothing about crochet?

Angelika said...

Do you want Jack's brother/cousin? I could whip one up for you, if you want me to and send him to you. :) I know, I'm bad. ;)

Tammy said...

I do like the book. It is full of photographs which really helps me visually. I post some pictures later.

Donna Boucher said...

Just stay away from the hat Wendy made :o)

I saw the coolest bedspread over at posie's place. Do you know her blog?
She crocheted it and it is so vintage-y and colorful.
Let me know if you would like to see it...I'll send you the blog addy.

Donna Boucher said...

I take that back about Wendy's hat!!!!
It turned out fabulous!

Who can do that???

The Amazing Wendy!