Tuesday, October 30, 2007

House Hunting

If you're going to knit an endless supply of socks (which, based on my stash, must be my intention), it is important to buy the right kind of shoes! (On sale of course.)




It is also important to finish the socks.



Or at least a sweater...



Ms. Bluejeans, as I am calling it, is flowing off my needles considering the wee amount of time I feel like I've been able to knit lately.


We are ready for Halloween though.



Which would be about 24 hours earlier than we are usually ready for Halloween. Oh, wait... I still need to go get candy. So we're almost ready for Halloween.


I am definitely ready for House though... both tonight and for the filming later this week. Actually, since the good doctor himself is usually confined to the hospital, I'm really not expecting him to be there. I'm guessing they're going to be filming an opening sequence... and they didn't give any time specifics (other than between 5am & midnight) so I can't see hanging out at my mom's house all day.

What would I do? Just sit on my mom's hillside all day with a pair of binoculars hoping in vain hope to see someone of importance... maybe Chase or Cameron... maybe Foreman, Wilson, or one of the Newbies... or, just possibly, the man himself waving a cane around? Then what would I do? Run down the street like a crazed woman with my digital camera desperately hoping that the sight of my adorable 8 year old House look-alike, who I'd be dragging along with me, will draw some attention from somebody?


Hmmm... yeah I guess that's pretty much the plan. Wish me luck with that, 'kay?

In the meanwhile, I need to go get a larger memory card for my camera.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't just put a photo of awesome shoes and not give us a link! I'm intensely searching for shoes these days and I really like those.

Can't wait to see photos of the whole costume. If you see Chase, blow him a kiss from me. If you see House, well...I can't ask you to do that for me. I don't want you to get arrested.

Donna Boucher said...

I am so excited for you!

Bring paper and pen for an autograph!!!!

Angelika said...

wow, what a plan for your Halloween. And I like the sock pic, you might want to finish them though, you are right. Have fun.

sophanne said...

Chirs at knit night said she had enough sock yarn in her stash to knit 30 pairs of socks!

Anonymous said...

Very cool shoes! I need to find a pair of shoes that showcase handknit socks!

Olga said...

Hanging around a hillside waiting for a celeb is a small price to pay......nice shoes too.If I lived there I'd hang out with you and take turns on the spy glasses while the other knit. Spying and knitting-doesn't get any better than that!

Yarnhog said...

Well of course that's the plan. (Bear in mind, though, that when I met the Harlot Herself, all I managed was a completely lame, "I just LOVE you!". I may not be the coolest person in the presence of an adored celebrity. Or anywhere.) Oh, and use a telescope with a stand, to keep your hands free for knitting.

marit said...

Hmmmm.House was playing poker with Wilson tonight...(I know, we are waaaaayyy behind you...but he's just as cute on our television...)
Happy Halloween!

~Kristie said...

Love your shoes! What a great bargain and the perfect style for showing off your socks ... when they are finished. ;-)