Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm a Winner!

Sheri had a contest on her blog a couple weeks ago to celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of The Loopy Ewe... and I was one of the winners! (Insert mental image of middle aged woman doing dorky happy dance around the living room.)

My prize arrived today... wanna see?

This cute little canvas tote and a Wendy Johnson sock pattern. (I lurve Wendy's sock patterns.)

TLE 2nd Anniversary Prize


And what's that inside???
TLE 2nd Anniversary Prize

Lime & Violet Shuanmi Sock in "Shiny"!
Lime & Violet

and...




wait for it....




wait for it...




my very own skein of...




Wollmeise! (More happy dancing.)

Wollmeise

The colorway is "am kalten Polar" and I couldn't have picked a better color if I had gotten to choose it myself. I. Am. In. Love.

I tried. I did. But there is no way to capture the vibrant colors with my mere mortal camera. I couldn't pick up the deep and blue purple transition colors. But they're there... your just gonna have to believe me.

Wollmeise

I know exactly what I'm going to knit with this yarn too! Empoisonnee from the new Twist Collective. My Ravelympic WIP Wrestling stamina is waning with each passing moment.

One more look. All together now... say "Loopy"!
TLE 2nd Anniversary Prize

And remember...

TLE 2nd Anniversary Prize

Thank you Sheri!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Good for you! Free yarn, and such awesome yarn too!

Stefaneener said...

That is some stellar yarn. In fact, it's so incredibly beautiful that if the Things and I were visiting, I might feel the urge to gasp, "Is that a snake?" so they'd all run and look, dragging you with them, and then the yarn might fall into my bag.

But I'm not. Enjoy, you winner, you!

knitknerd said...

Congratulations you lucky girl!

Liz said...

Omigosh! The Wollmeise is absolutely dreamy. I'm so happy for you.

Laura said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Can't wait to see the socks!

Anonymous said...

Am Kalten Polar is my absolute favorite colorway of Wollmeise!! In fact, even though I have a skein, I want another. That way I can knit with it and still have a skein to admire. What an amazing prize package!! I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you've used up all your luck for a while. :)

Dawn said...

You lucky girl! Wow...Wollmeise too!

Yarnhog said...

Oooo...lucky you!

lahodges said...

When I saw Tammy in CA on Sheri's Blog I wondered it if was you! Congratulations! What a great prize. :)

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see what yu do with that Wollmeisse!

The Meitler Family said...

I seem to recall that you won something a while back too (could have been a year ago the way time flies) - was it a purse? You must be one of those "lucky" people!
By the way, I saw on Julie's blog --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm sorry this is so belated. I hope it was great!!!

km said...

WOW! I'm sure you're on cloud 9!