Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Interview with the Spouse

I saw this on Sophanne's blog yesterday and thought it would make for some fun Olympic-watching conversation with DH last night.


Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
Ken: Nothing.

Me: (silent glare)
Ken: Okay... It keeps you from talking so much.

Me: (pursed lips)
Ken: I was teasing! Wait… what are you writing?

Wyatt: She’s writing down everything you say.
Ken: What?! I'm just kidding.
Me: Then give me an answer. (pouting) My friend's husband did it.

Ken: Well, what’s the next questions?

Me: (sigh) What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?
Ken: The amount of yarn that we store.

Me: What is something I have knitted that you recall as being good?
Ken: Those socks you did yesterday were really cool. They looked more intricate than the other socks you’ve knit.

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
Ken: Yes!

Me: Do you have any hobbies?
Ken: Yes.

Me: What are your hobbies?
Ken: My snakes, guitars, and bikes.

Me: If we compared money spent on hobbies, who would win?
Ken: You, at this point.

Me: But overall, honey?
Ken: But my biking hobby will prolong my life because it’s healthy. I’m not just sitting in one spot.

Me: What about the guitars and snakes?
Ken: Snakes make money.
Me: How?
Ken: Breeding and selling.
Me: Back to the original question. If we compared money spent on hobbies, who would win?
Ken: Me.

Me: Has my knitting in public ever embarrassed you?
Ken: No.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?
Ken: That stuff you just got that you won.
Me: That would be the Wollmeise.
Ken: Yeah.

Me: Can you name another blog?
Ken: The Yarn Harlot, then there’s the Pioneer Woman.
Me: Very good.

Me: Do you mind that I want to check out yarn stores everywhere we go?
Ken: No.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
Ken: Yeah… the Swedish love those watches.
Me: Ha ha... seriously though...
Ken: Yeah, it's one of those balls of yarn.
Me: No, but that's not really a fair question because I don't knit swatches.

Me: Do you read my blog?
Ken: Yes.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?
Ken: Wouldn’t matter.

Me: Returning to the first question… What is your favorite thing about my knitting.
Ken: Answering questions like this so I can be a part of your blog.


P8180005


Further commentary on my part just seems unnecessary at this point.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!! That is too funny. The swatch thing cracked me up. Ummm...is Ken doing a headstand?

And I didn't know you had snakes. Apparently several snakes. Yikes. Thank Ken for handing you another blog post right there because I have got to hear more about the snakes.

sophanne said...

answering questions so I can be on it!!!

That is totally why Mr. Sophanne did it and he didn't even think of it as the answer.

sophanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marit said...

This made me laugh too- the swatch and everything!
I'm not going to get hubby to answer this though...

Yarnhog said...

Crack me up!

I'm afraid to ask my husband to do this because it would only emphasize the fact that I spend so much money on yarn, and he doesn't spend a dime on anything. Seriously. The man has no vices.

Stefaneener said...

Man, is he smart. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Men. Can't live with 'em, can't ... live with 'em.

I just had my man do this as well. I'm trying to find a photo of him to post with mine. Your is perfect!

Auntie Pudentaine said...

I think our husbands would get along very well...except that mine is not thrilled when I want to find "other" yarn shops. No way, Jose!

You really should plan a family vacation to Tahoe! I know how you love to travel :-)

Donna Boucher said...

I love your idea! Ken is funny!

Tell Ken had he mentioned MY BLOG he would have won a really huge prize.

Anonymous said...

You two are hilarious. Ken is a wonderful husband, and I am grinning at how her let himself be maneuvered into saying he spent more money on hobbies than you do.
How did Wyatt know you were going to blog it?
Do you think my DH will tolerate this type of thing with me? We'll find out...maybe I'll wait a few days.

Lydee said...

lol! that's great! thanks for the good laugh!