Monday, August 29, 2011

Camp Loopy Project 3: Vitamin D

The Camp Loopy Project 3 challenged us to knit a project using at least 800 yards of yarn in one month.  My first thought... "Yikes!"

But the prize... Wollmeise.  So I started searching for a pattern.  And searching.

And searching.

Vitamin D was already on my list of favorite patterns, but I seriously doubted my ability to knit a fingering weight stockinette cardigan in a year, let alone a month.  But it was supposed to be a challenge, and with"camp" participation I was able to get 20% off the three hanks of Tosh Sock I would need.  So...

In what turned out to be less than 2 weeks (special thanks again to Doctor Who), I present my Madelinetsoh "Ink" Vitamin D.
Vitamin D

Vitamin D

And I love it!
Vitamin D

It's very soft and reminds me of a lightweight denim jacket.
Vitamin D

The shaping is all done by yarnovers and short rows.  Ingenious design and kept my interest.
Vitamin D

Details:
Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier
Madelinetosh Sock in "Ink"
Size 4 needles

Note: I did wet block the swatch, but it lied.  The weight of the whole cardigan made the gauge grow like crazy.  I actually tossed it in the dryer until it was almost dry after soaking.  This shouldn't surprise me with superwash yarn, but I was so proud of myself for actually swatching that it did throw me a bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Awesome job. I hate when swatches tell you wrong.

Mack said...

That looks lovely Tammy! Congratulations on a sweater well knit! Hope you get the wollmeise!