Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mad Tosh Love

I wanted to post pictures of the other cardigan I recently finished, but out of respect for, or more possibly fear of, the gloating sun which is beaming down on us with a harsh 103 degrees, I will post the little things I'm working on.


Maia from the 7 Small Shawls to Knit collection by Rosemary Hill


The yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Olivia and although the beads don't show up well in the picture, they are just pearly enough to made a subtle statement on the work in person. This is also my Loopy Ewe 4th Quarter Challenge project.  (I don't usually do the quarterly challenges but since this one involved Madelinetosh... at a discount... I was dust.)

And because I became obsessed with desire for an autumn (ha!) scarf, I started another Kernel Scarf in some Tosh Sock of the Ginger colorway.


Also waiting for me is more Tosh sock in Dried Rose and Graphite for a Kleio scarf, also designed by Rosemary Hill.



Obviously, I have a mad love for Madelinetosh... all of their bases that I've tried are wonderful and the colors incredible; they are just unlike any other.  However, I must admit that I still prefer the feel of Malabrigo Sock or something with a bit of silk for scarves and shawls over the Tosh Sock.  Don't get me wrong, the Tosh Sock is a great yarn and ideal for socks and sweaters, but not quite as light and soft as I'd like for other things... although that obviously doesn't stop me from returning to it time and again.  And that said, I don't like to use Malabrigo Sock for socks as it seams to likely to pill or wear thin. 

Finally, a shot of the Wollmeise I received for my participation in The Loopy Ewe's summer camp...



The colorway is O-Rh-Negativ.  Now I'm just looking for the perfect project!  Suggestions?

1 comment:

The Prude said...

I hope the temps cool off so you can model your creations.
I just want to own all that beautiful yarn and display it somewhere. If I knot anything with it it would immediately lose its beauty.
O-Rh-Negativ? Really?